- 2004: Ph.D., Department of Business Administration, Institute of Social Sciences, Gazi University, Ankara, Thesis title: Searching of a Model for the Enterprise Resource Planning and E-Business Integration.
- 1998: MBA with extra one year of Scientific Preparation, Department of Business Administration, Institute of Social Sciences, Gazi University, Ankara, Thesis title: Effectiveness of Queuing Models in Business Optimization.
- 1993: B.Eng., Department of Mining Engineering, Rock Mechanics Track, Faculty of Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara.
Professional Licences and Certifications
- 2005: Program of TS EN ISO Fundamental and Controller Education, Institute of Turkish Standards, Ankara.
- 1998: Program of Capital Markets and Technical Analysis Applications in Stock Exchange, Hacettepe University, Ankara.
- 1995: Program of Business Administration for Engineers, School of Political Science, Ankara University, Ankara.
Academic,Teaching and Mentorship Experience
- 2015-: Assoc. Prof., Department of Management Information Systems, Yildirim Beyazit University, Ankara.
- 2013-2015: Visiting Researcher, Department of Industrial Engineering, Concordia University, Montreal, QC Canada.
- 2011-2014: Assist. Prof., Department of Management Information Systems, Yildirim Beyazit University, Ankara. Courses taught: Management Information Systems, Information Systems Technology.
- 2006-2013: Instructor, Continuing Education Research and Application Center, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Ankara. Courses taught: Production/Operations Management, E-Commerce.
- 2006-2013: Adjunct Faculty, Department of Management, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Ankara. Courses taught: Production/Operations Management (isl242), Production Planning and Control (isl341).
- 2000-2011: Instructor, Department of Management, Baskent University, Ankara. Courses taught: Quantitative Techniques (isle542), Management Information Systems (isle555), Management Science I (isle246), Management Information Systems (isle441), Electronic Commerce (isle454), Production/Operations Management (isle347), Management Science II (isle347), Introduction to Computer (isle210), Electronic Business (tbf371)
- 2000-2011: Mentor/Adviser of MBA completion projects, Institute of Social Sciences, Baskent University, Ankara. Examples: E-Government and Applications in Turkey, Security and Privacy in E-Business, Customer Relationship Management, Information Management and Distance Learning in Turkey, Valuation of Information Technology Projects.
- 1996-2000: Teaching Assistant, Department of Business Administration, Gazi University, Ankara. Assisted in conducting class lectures for Operations Research and Project Management in MBA and undergraduate. Responsibilities also included developing and administering course examinations, maintaining grade records, and holding office hours.
- 1995-1996: Assistant Manager, AgroCom Ltd. (Association of Agricultural Non-Profit Organization - TEMAV), Ankara.
- 1993-1995: Assistant Manager, Sales Engineer, Technical Staff Member, FETA Computer Ltd., Ankara.
- 1993: Sales Engineer, INKA Ltd., Ankara.
- 1991-1993: Founder, Technical Manager, Mining Databank Entrepreneurship, Ankara.
Papers in Peer-Reviewed Journals and Conferences
You can view my recent list of publications and current research topics at the Research Activities.
Presentations and Workshops
You can view my recent list of presentations at the Research Activities.
You can view my academic/research interests at the Research Activities.
Peer Review Processes
- 2008: The Handbook of Technology Management, Wiley.
- 2007: Informing Science + Information Technology Education (InSITE 2007) Joint Conference, June 22-25, 2007.
- 2007: 6. International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technologies (CSIT 2007), September 24-28, 2007.
Technical and Specialized Skills
- Designing Internet based systems (web sites, collaborative systems, blogs, etc.)
- Designing desktop publishing and advertisement related systems (full concept work, book, booklet, poster, brochure, logo, etc.)
- Designing broadcasting related systems (3D modeling and animation)
- Managing computer networks and administration of systems
Memberships | Affiliations
- Institute of Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS), USA
- The Operational Research Society, UK
- Turkish Operational Research Society, Turkey
- Informatics Association of Turkey, Turkey
- Informing Science Institute, USA
- Association of Computer Machinery, USA
- Association of Information Systems (AIS), USA
- American Mathematical Society (AMS), USA
- 2002-2005: National Consultant on Trade Information for International Trade Centre United Nations.
- 1998-2000: Technical Consultant, DAPA Ltd., Ankara.
- 2001: Consultant, UBM Co. – ASKİ, Ankara Rain Water and Waste Water Drainage Master Plan, Feasibility Report, Ankara.
- 1999: Consultant, Ankara Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital Reorganization Project, Accounting Information System Design, Ankara.
- 1996: Consultant, Evren Insaat Co., Reorganization Project, Information System Design, Ankara.
- 1994: Technical Consultant, Bilkent Hotel, Hotel Information System Technical Design Project, Information System Technical Design, Ankara.
- 2004-2005: Academic Development and Strategic Plan Committee Member, 2006-2010 Strategic Plan, Baskent University, Ankara.
- 2004: Congress Arrangement Committee Member, Prevention of Wastage Symposium, Baskent University, Ankara.
- 2001: Congress Arrangement Committee Member, 1. National Tourism Management Congress, Baskent University, Ankara.
- 2000: Congress Arrangement Committee Support Member, 7. National Business Administration Congress, Baskent University, Ankara.
- 1998-2000: Founder and Executive Committee Member, Career Orientation Group, Gazi University, Ankara.