Personal Research Workflow
Preparing a Working Environment
- Create a folder in Google Drive to synchronize between devices.
- Create a .md file in this folder.
- Copy research.css file to this folder. It will be used for Markdown preview.
- Create a .bib file for citations.
- Create a .csl file to format references.
- Create an img folder to put related images in it.
- Create a README.md for meta data.
- Write in MultiMarkdown syntax. See Guide for a detailed guide.
- Use research.css to preview in Marked.
- Add references to Mendeley.
- Export references from Mendeley Desktop to a .bib file.
- Edit .bib file with [BibDesk].
- Use a CSL file to furnish. View its Git repository for that.
Creating/Inserting Images and Graphics
- Use Adobe Indesign to create SVG.
- Add SVG files to a online folder.
- Link SVG files to Markdown.
- Create tables in Markdown.
- Create complex tables as SVG and push them to the online folder.
- Create formulas in LaTex.
- Embed formulas in Markdown as LaTex.
pandoc research.md -o research.pdf --bibliography research.bib
- Use Pandoc to create HTML and PDF.
- Publish HTML to the website.
- Send PDF to several social media.